NAMICS’ glass solder preforms provide a unique way of creating a hermetic seal for small optical and electronic components. Our preforms utilize a specialized glass and can offer low temperature sealing at 320°C. The sintering process provides excellent green strength and leaves no residue. Since it creates no measurable outgassing during or after the sealing process, it makes a perfect material for any hermetic sealing application.
This proprietary formulation offers a low coefficient of thermal expansion providing a high reliable seal, outstanding adhesion strength to a wide variety of metals, glasses, ceramics, and semiconductor materials. Glass preforms are available in a variety of shapes and sizes resulting in unparalleled design flexibility for hermetic sealing of optical fibers, ferrules, lens and other packaging needs.
NAMICS’ glass solder preforms are an ideal solution for hermetic sealing of optical fibers and ferrules. They create a hermetic seal to a variety of metal packages without the need of metallization the fiber reducing both material cost and lead time for packaging process. After assembled, the sealed package will provide exceed the Telcordia standard for environmental protection, hermeticity and reliability.
Benefits over solder
- No fiber metallization – replace solder at a lower cost
- No flux– processed in ambient atmosphere
- Creep resistant – precise alignment of fibers and lenses
- High adhesion to many materials – glass, Au, Si, & Al2O3
- High reliability – meets Telcordia GR-468
- No outgassing during or after sealing
Please click here for list of current preform sizes. Application-specific designs are available on request.
- Ferrule and tube optical fiber
- Fiber for coupler / splitter
- Fiber for V-groove assembly
- Ribbon fiber
- Lens holder and package lens
Please complete form below for more information about our solder glass products.